How to make champagne
There are a few key things you need to remember when making champagne. First, use a good quality wine. Second, use a clean bottle. Third, use a champagne yeast.
The quality of the wine you use is important because champagne is a sparkling wine and the bubbles come from the fermentation process. If you use a poor-quality wine, the bubbles will be small and the champagne will be flat.
The bottle must be clean because any dirt or residue will affect the fermentation process and the drink will be cloudy.
The yeast is important because it is what causes the fermentation. There are many different types of champagne yeasts available, but it is important to use this particular yeast because it is designed to work well with sparkling wines.
To make champagne, you will need:
- A clean bottle
- A good quality wine
- A champagne yeast
- A funnel
- A cork
- A wire cage
- A champagne stopper
Instructions on how to make champagne
- The first step is to sterilize the bottle. You can do this by boiling it in water for 10 minutes.
- Next, add the yeast to the bottle. You can do this by sprinkling it in or by adding it to a small amount of the wine.
- Then, add the wine to the bottle, using the funnel. Fill the bottle almost to the top, leaving about an inch of space.
- Next, insert the cork into the bottle and then put the wire cage over the cork.
- Finally, put the stopper on the bottle.
- Now, all you need to do is wait. Everything will be ready to drink in about 6 weeks.
After you have enjoyed
Let us know how it went and if you discover any nice twist to the recipe or find your own special touch, please share it with the team at howtomakewine.net. Everyone will appreciate it and it will be great for the community of wine lovers.